<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Dave Matthews performed in Seattle last week. Evidently he lives here now. His wife is from the area. I guess his last album was inspired by our water, mountains, and politics. He loves it here. People come here and they do not ever want to leave--some companies call it the Rainier factor. Also, people will take lower paying jobs just to live here compared to what they might make elsewhere. "They" want my hubby on the east coast in a very important and more prestigious position but he won't leave and I won't leave. I asked him if I had said yes--let's try this move for something exciting in our lives because we can always retire here. He said no--"they" will have to do without him. "They" don't get it so "they" ask him again and again. We could live in a mini-mansion on lots of property but I wouldn't be able to see orcas out my kitchen window. I wouldn't be able to take my dog down to our deserted secret beach. I wouldn't feel the excitement of sunshine days that reveal the breathtaking mountains--the Cascades to the east and the Olympics to the west. Nope, it is hard to explain but Dave Matthews understands. Yep, he does!!