<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 03, 2004

The paper said today the orcas were seen right out here between Edmonds/Mukilteo and Whidbey Island and of course, I missed them. But they have a new baby and they are worried about the spill--if they swam through it, it could hurt the baby.

I just have to say one of my favorite views--even after living here for 25 years--is of Seattle heading south on I-5 right after the Univ and onto the viaduct. All of a sudden, you see Lake Union down below, Queen Anne to the right, the Space Needle and downtown in front and Capital Hill with St. Mark's perched atop to the left, and Husky Stadium and Lake WA to the left. It does not matter what the weather or night or day; of course if it is clear and the water is blue and the mountains are out, it is even more spectacular. I never get tired of it and I suspect others feel the same because right at that point the traffic slows a bit--everybody is enjoying the view.