<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Well, well, well, snow yesterday and ice today so again everything is closed. But my hubby always makes it to work no matter what. All of those years driving a Coke truck through Gallatin Canyon and Yellowstone as a starving student in Bozeman have paid off for him many times here. He, unlike most Seattleites, knows how to drive in this mess and up and down hills; nothing stops him from getting to the U. And now the tradition continues as my son is being schooled in Montana---he, too is learning how to manage his old Jeep in all of this.

Yesterday, on the news, people were concerned about two things--whether or not they needed to get to work and if not could they get to the nearest Starbuck's. Luckily, around here, most people are in walking distance of a Starbuck's. I am sort of but we are at the bottom of a very steep hill so we are stuck BUT I made sure I had my beans and plenty of them and my grinder and French press have been working overtime.

Really, the snow creates a Seattle festival. Our whole neighborhood was outside chatting and watching the kids sled down our street. Marine View Drive is a dead end and a hill so perfect for sledding. My son was sledding two hills over and he said when the plow came by everybody booed. The snow plow guy just laughed and said he gets that a lot!! What a deal and this only happens once every few years and yet we remember each time as if it were yesterday!! An unexpected unpredictable snowfest!