<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 26, 2004

WHALES, WHALES, WHALES

I had another topic planned for my blog today but I just have to write about whales yet again. On Friday evening at about 6PM, I glanced out my kitchen window and saw a spout and sure enough a lone whale was swimming north. I had a feeling it was a humpback and not a gray. Evidently, a humpback, which is rare in Puget Sound, has been seen. I reported it to my network and created a little stir with the possibility of it being the humpback.

Last evening as we were finishing dinner at 7:30, I saw two whales quite close to shore. These were grays; they spouted twice and one of them dove and flipped his tail out of the water. I was ecstatic. I no longer am able to pitter patter around my kitchen without the binoculars glued to my eyes--it makes it hard to do dishes. My daughter clearly saw the whales last night without her glasses or binoculars because they were that close. This sighting was reported as well.