<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Again I am doing Yano's Top Ten on Tuesday on Wednesday--- a day behind this week!! (yanowhatimean.com/tuesday) I like this game and now Yano even has a special Tuesday place on her site for this feature. Remarkably, these lists cause me to reflect on my life in interesting ways---including a list of cars.

Top Ten Cars of All Time

Cars from my past
1. Ford Falcon Station Wagon--the first car I learned to drive
2. 1979 Porsche 924--got us through loss of a parent and loss of a pregnancy; we drove it to death
3. Honda Accord Wagon--got us through babies
4. White Mercedes 450SL--merely an object of lust

Cars from my present
5. Honda Odyssey Van--got us through teen agers
6. 1987 Jeep Cherokee--got us through snow; hauled boats and is now my son's; we've had it since he was 2 years old
7. 1987 Chevy Suburban--was Dave's Dad's truck and when he died we adopted it; very low mileage and it still smells like Juicy Fruit gum. Dave's Dad loved Juicy Fruit.

Cars in the future
8. White Mercedes 450SL, 1970's,--still an object of lust
9. A Hybrid of some sort--Honda has them
10. Mini-Cooper for my daughter--her object of lust after the movie, "The Italian Job"