<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Am I Getting OLD??????

Seriously, I feel no different physically or mentally than I did when I was 18 but my kids comment frequently that their Dad and I are becoming old fogies. So...

Am I getting old because:

1. I ask my kids, "Remember when Hershel the sea lion was eating all of the fish at the Locks??" They look at me with a blank stare and I realize this happened before they were born.

2. I read the obits and check the age and then check where memorials are to be sent to get some clue as to the cause of death??

3. I fuss over that fact that my peonies and camellias haven't bloomed in two years??

4. Before my cataract surgery, they ask me if I have my own teeth??

5. Even though there is quite an age span, I decide I'm not too old for Johnny Depp??

6. I constantly monitor the consistency of my Apolo dog's feces?? "Oh, he pooped out that napkin he grabbed from the table last night!!"

7. I frequently refer to my husband as Apolo's Daddy?? "Daddy's home from work, Apolo. Where's Daddy?"

8. I prefer the comfort of a cabin with a bed over a sleeping bag and a tent??

9. While out on our deck one evening, we got VERY excited about having four ferries in view at one time--two Mukilteo ferries coming and going and two Edmonds ferries coming and going??

10. And finally, the fact that I even made this list??