<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

End of Summer

The fog has returned this morning again. Clearly we head into fall. Yesterday we went to downtown Seattle to finish some school shopping and we found a little bit of France right here at home--Le Pichet. This little bistro offers a large number of French wines by the glass and a fabulous menu right off the streets of Lyon. I closed my eyes and there we were sitting in Old Lyon. The bill was even written up by the proprietor in the familiar French scrawl.

I will post some final summer photos. Both of these pictures are from the hike my son and I took to Lanham Lake. To repeat, in 1911, my Grandpa placed fur traps along Lanham Creek probably on up to the lake so it was strange to take the same path.

I have a terrible look on my face trying to avoid breathing in deer flies but I love our Northwest jungle just the same and so does my Apolo puppy. The other is Lucas on the edge of the lake.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us