<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

1. We returned to normal yesterday. Our long, warm and sunny summer returned to 60's and a chance of rain over the weekend. And it did rain. My kids were so happy. It is overcast now and a little misty. Last night when we walked Apolo, our damp smell had returned.

2. Because of our abnormally sunny summer, I have had luck with some tomatoes for the first time in my life!!

3. There were two big parties in the neighbohood over the weekend. One of them had people delivered and returned by limos so all evening we watched a black limo, a white limo, and a hummer limo go back and forth in front of our house. Our parking is limited. We had friends over for dinner that night and they have given us a bad time about moving away from them and down here by the water with the snobs. Watching the limo delivery system did not help. We tried to explain we are the white trash of the neighborhood because I do not have house cleaning help or a gardner and I never take our cars to the car wash.

4. The second party was a tropical event--the people had fake palm trees in their front courtyard. We actually felt snubbed we weren't invited to this one. It looked really fun--catered and everything. My binoculars revealed some of our other neighbors were invited and we'd invited these people to our Christmas party!! My husband accused me of losing our invitation but I'm sure we never got one. Hmmmph!! Maybe if I spent more time visiting with the classy people instead of hanging our with my computer or looking at them with binoculars....???? Alas, we are the white trash of the neighborhood!!

5. Dave and Lucas went fishing on Friday just out here in front of Edmonds and came home with salmon and crabs. We feasted all weekend on fresh seafood. Our fishing boat is really really old and crappy but we keep it at a storage unit like everyone else. However, we washed it off in our driveway and I joked with one of the neighbors that our boat is old but it works!! They caught no fish in their fancy boat and they were asking my husband for tips. Ah! Life in Mukilteo!!