<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Some More This and That

1. Seattle has been named in Forbes magazine as the number one most expensive city in the nation in which to live. I believe this though it seems to me that some cities in California have higher real estate prices. But if you take everything into account, I guess we win this dubious honor. While my Mom was visiting from Montana, she grabbed the receipt from the grocery clerk's hand when it went over $70. She couldn't believe our limited number of groceries went that high. It is tough here and wages do not match up.

2. Seattle is number 8 on a list of cities most difficult to navigate. We are behind LA, Boston, New York, and San Francisco. I think we should win this one, too. If you do not know where you are going in this city, you are doomed. You'll end up driving in circles in some industrial area between bodies of water and railroad tracks.

3. King 5 News (NBC) is the most watched in the 4 million people Seattle area---I guess, by far in the ratings. This does not surprise me. I love King 5. Jean Enerson is the main anchor; she's in her 50's; a Seattleite; and she has been on King 5 since we moved here 25 years ago. If they ever tried to replace her with a new younger person, Seattle would riot like you've never seen--worse than WTO. Jeff Renner, the meteorologist, was replaced a while back and Seattleites threw a major fit and they brought him back. I mean--come on--he was on when Mt. St. Helens blew. Don't mess with King 5!!

4. And finally, a picture of my peppers and tomatoes!! This is huge HUGE for me:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us