<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 06, 2004

MEET MY DAD!!

As I have posted previously on this blog, when my Dad died in 1980, we spread his ashes on the Missouri River at Beaver Creek near Helena, MT which was his favorite fishing spot. Simultaneously, with the release of his ashes, a bald eagle circled over head. I had never seen a bald eagle there before. I have always believed heaven to my Dad would be to fish for all enternity. He was a proud WW2 and Korean War Veteran and a former POW. He loved to fly and he loved to go to Idaho and Washington to fish for salmon.

To me he is the great symbol of our nation, a Bald Eagle. He also loved me and he would have adored my kids. My son was home for Labor Day weekend so my Dad also came for a visit. Here he is perched in his favorite tree fishing for salmon in Puget Sound and watching over our house.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us