<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Odds and Ends

I have participated in an online game of sorts called Ten on Tuesday that was originated by Yano in her wonderful blog. http://www.yanowhatimean.com/index2.php On April 20th, the list was Ten Things you want to do before you die. I actually believe that making lists makes things happen for some weird reason.

1. Anyway, on that list I wanted to grow a successful tomato. I managed to accomplish having many tomatoes and we are now left with the last green ones to ripen in the house because the plants are spent.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2. Also, on that list I wanted to be able to put pictures on my blog and for this accomplishment, I thank my gorgeous, talented and brilliant daughter.

3. Another goal was to attend a charity gala in Seattle in formal attire. Finally, after 25 years at the University of Washington, we have been invited to a gala tomorrow night to benefit the University. Huey Lewis and the News will be the entertainment (?) but we will also have a chance to meet the new University president AND Bill Gates, the father, and Bill Gates, the son. The invitation designated "festive attire" which is not formal attire but hey, I'm still going and I'm still checking this one off my list. After all, it is not everyday you get the chance to meet the richest man in the world!! I had a little trouble shopping for festive attire to meet the richest man in the world but came up with what I think is a cool outfit and besides, this is Seattle. Jeans and a sweater could be considered "festive attire"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, three down and seven to go!!!