<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day

I have tried to keep my blog non-political but this is a huge day for our country. It is interesting living here because....how should I put this?...the Seattle area is decidedly Democratic. I go to parties all of the time in Seattle where it is completely unanimous how people feel especially with a University crowd.

They did a poll once and Seattle proper was 77% for Kerry and only 9% for Bush. I always wondered who those 9% were. The Democratic Congressman from the Seattle area gets voted in with 75-80% of the vote. Our Senator Patty Murray is running again but she is in double digits poll-wise over the republican challenger. My Congressman (a Democrat) is running again but he is a shoe-in and will probably get 75%. My neighborhood is a little more conservative but my Congressman pulls in the Edmonds vote which is heavily Democratic.

The race for Governor is close. Gary Locke, Democrat, is not running again. The two candidates are neck in neck. I believe it is because the Republican is running on his story of being a native Seattleite and even if we are all Democrats, we like a little balance.

The Eastern part of our state is Republican but because we have the population on this side, we sway the vote almost always Democratic.

So there you have it--we are a little isolated up in this corner of the country and we like it this way.