<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Shades of Gray

I have written about Shades of Gray before on this blog but that was before I was able to put pictures on here. The change from daylight savings time triggers the beginning of the suffering of SADS (seasonal affective disorder syndrome) for many Puget Sounders including me. I really haven't suffered too badly for the last two years for a couple of reasons. First of all, I take B-complex vitamins during the day and melatonin at night from fall time change to spring time change. I exercise and try to get outside in daylight. Second of all, we moved from a house surrounded by trees to a house with bigger windows and a water view. There is so much more natural light in this house. Clearly, this time of year is gray but it is still beautiful green and damp and it feels good--especially when I take Apolo to Mukilteo Beach.

Pictures taken within the last hour:

Shades of Gray with a little green
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"Throw the stick, please!" (See how clear our water is)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Gigantic stumps wash up during storms; "Is that wave gonna get me, huh, huh??"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

People at work--the train that runs all along our water from Everett to Tacoma
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

People at work--commercial fishing boat
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I tried to take a photo of a hefty sea lion who seemd to be quite curious about Apolo fetching a stick but he would not cooperate. He'd peek at us and then dive down. Well, I'll just have to try again another day.