<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Windy Day

I have stated on this blog before that we do not usually get much wind here but when we do--things happen. Waves whip through waterfront restaurants smashing out windows and entire bridges get blown away. Even today's small wind blows leaves and branches around and makes a roar-like sound as it whooshes through our big trees. Since my Apolo isn't used to the wind, it disturbs him in disturbing ways. First of all, he will not go outside first thing in the morning. Secondly, today on our walk, while he was doing his "business" a whoosh scared and interrupted him. Before he was finished, he hopped up causing nastiness to cover his furry feathers on his hind legs. So we had to get the hose out when we got home to have a clean up job. I am glad he loves water but this was not on my list of planned activities.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(photo taken right before our walk) "For making me wear this stupid hat, I am going to give you a bad time on our walk today because I don't like the wind!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Whitecaps on Puget Sound (photo taken 5 minutes ago)