<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kaley and her Friends

One of the things I like about living in the Seattle area is that the kids are becoming more and more mixed up. I remember my Dad telling me that racism will disappear with intermarriage between ethnic groups to the point that we are all everything. Unfortunately, we will find something else to fear and hate when that happens probably, but I think he was right. Kamiak high school is not as diverse as it should be. Mariner High School on the other side of the district is more so. But compared to when I was in high school, Kamiak has a lot of ethnicity.

Kaley and her friends took the following pictures on Halloween when her friends were here making cupcakes and they made me smile. Her friends are all mixed up. Below is African-American, Peruvian, Russian, Asian, German Gypsy, and English and nobody is whole anything. I love it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And the German Gypsy in the top photo is Kaley. Aren't they beautiful?