<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 05, 2005

Perspective

When I was a little girl, I used to take my dog and climb up to the top of this hill we called "Buttercup". From there I could look down on my house and I could see most of Helena even though I was barely across the street. It was always a wonderful feeling to me because such a perspective would give me objectivity about my life.

Yesterday, after church, we took the Mukilteo Ferry over to Whidbey Island to a Christmas Tree farm. It is fun to look at Mukilteo and Everett from the ferry and I get that same feeling of perspective. We always complain about all of the trees being cut down but you know, we still have a ton of trees.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Everett with Cascade foothills as a back drop. The tallest peak to the right is Mt. Pilchuck--Lucas and I stood on that very top.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My neighborhood with train along the waterfront. The lowest row of houses on the right is my street.