<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

More Paris

I have more pictures and I am going to put them on here before the power goes out. Last night, it was like sleeping in a washing machine with all of the wind and the rain. And more mudslides have hit the tracks below stopping some of the trains. Evidently, we have now had 23 straight days of rain. The record is 33 established back in the 1950's. The last time we had over 20 days was in 1965. No wonder I grew up thinking Seattle was a miserable dark and rainy city. IT IS!!

The houses on my street were all built in the late 80's and early 90's so none of our homes have experienced this much rain. I say if our back yard survives this winter, it'll be ok until the end of our mortgage when we will be dead anyway.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
St. Chappelle in the background

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
River Seine and Eiffel Tower in background