<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

Nothing to do with Paris.

Ok, this has nothing to do with anything at the moment but in the process of using Lucas's Paris pictures, I figured out a way to resize pictures that are not from my now dead digital.

But, what is going on in my life today? The helicopters have been flying overhead because we have had some mudslides. Basically, all of north Seattle, Edmonds, and Mukilteo to Everett is a bluff or cliff down to the water with the railroad tracks down below. And there are currently three mudslides that have blocked the train one direction. The helicopter hovered over our neighborhood; we are always at risk when it rains this much. We could lose half of our backyard if it decided to slide.

The other thing that happened today is that my daughter, who left in a hurry this morning because she is the choir president and she had a meeting she forgot about, tried to back out of the garage without opening it. Yea, we were not really intending to buy a new garage door. I called my husband and started laughing; he didn't think it was so funny. I have not yet seen the back of the car.

And I discovered a bird's nest in my Christmas tree as I undecorated it today. Made me smile and so does this picture. This is my Dad and my bro taken about 35 years ago, I'd say. My Dad looked a lot like Paul Newman--blue eyes and all. That's where my blue eyes come from. My Mom fell head over heels for him because he was so darn handsome. Whenever I see Paul Newman on TV, I can picture how my Dad would have aged.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Deer hunting