<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

ONLY IN SEATTLE

This item stands alone as my "Only In Seattle" feature today. I am not kidding. This is not April Fool's Day. This is true and it really did happen.

Only in Seattle is there a multiple vehicle accident caused by sunshine. It is January and this time it wasn't snow or hail or rain or a mudslide or a fallen tree causing traffic woes. It was sunshine!! We have had 24 straight days of rain and along with rain it has been dark. But today there was a crack of blue sky and some bright sun. I took Apolo for a walk and that giant unfamilar orb in the sky was blinding. You have no idea! In fact, at this moment it is shining in my window and I am shading my eyes with my arm.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_011106WABsuncaraxSW.694c48d9.html

Sunshine causes multiple-car crash in downtown Seattle

SEATTLE – Traffic was backed up for miles after a burst of sunshine apparently blinded drivers on Interstate 5 in Seattle, causing a multiple car accident.
The Washington State Patrol said when the gray skies opened up and the sun came out, at least five cars were involved in the crash.
Traffic got by on the shoulder for a brief period before the entire roadway was shut down so emergency crews could manage the scene.
It was not immediately known how many people were involved or if there were any injuries.