<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 25, 2006

If You Haven't Watched the Olympics--Don't Look at This

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Dean Rutz/Seattle Times

I watched the Super Bowl and the Seahawks lost. I went to Calgary a couple of years ago to watch Apolo skate in a World Cup and he came in 6th overall. So I refused to have on CBUT this morning, the Canadian TV station which shows the Olympics in real time; I wouldn't come on the computer or listen to the radio until I knew it was all over. Not that I believe in the whole jinx thing but you know--I wasn't taking any chances.

But oh man! For me, Apolo has made up for Seattle losing the Super Bowl. I am so excited. He won two more medals tonight--a bronze for the relay and gold for the 500m. A gold medal for the United States and for Seattle. Unfortunately, the canine who shares his name is really not interested at all.

And by the way, when I am not all nervous and stuff, short track is about the most exciting sport there is.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Apolo during the Olympics Last Night!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Apolo tonight!