<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Yikes!

I feel like I am posting the last message before the Titanic goes down--which is a sad thing to say considering that ferry in the Red Sea. But, we are in the midst of a storm and I fear the power will go out. We have had some major gusts with driving rain coming right through several of our windows. Not only that, but I discovered yesterday that the hillside behind our fence did give way and is a mudslide. I think that little earthquake was the ultimate culprit. I kept being mad at myself for worrying about it and now it happened. I just don't want it to take our fence. Somehow, we need to build a retaining wall back there. Good-bye college fund!

But, I am going to a memorial service today at my church and such things give perspective. One of our members, a woman my age, was diagnosed with a glioblastoma brain tumor two years ago. This is the same thing my brother-in-law died of 5 years ago. Nothing causes this type of tumor--it is random and there is no cure--none! And you get about two years with a few months of suffering at the end. This woman named Debbie leaves behind a 15 year old son and a devoted husband. So those of you out there who read my blog and believe in such things as prayer--pray for Debbie's family. Her son, especially, needs our prayers.

Of course, our church is in a forest with humongous trees and our roof is leaking. The memorial service with gusts of wind up to 70 or 80 mph could be rather exciting.

Mudslides and high winds?? Not a big deal! Brain tumors? A big deal and a time for fellowship. We are giving Debbie a send-off to remember and yes, it will be fun. When Debbie found out she had only three months, the women at my church threw a party for her which she loved. This party is for the rest of us.

The lights are flickering so Good-bye!!!