<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Set Up

This past weekend we began the yearly home Christmas decorating. This was the first year I did not have either of my children home to help me set up our Christmas town. I wasn't sad for three reasons. First, my kids were home for Thanksgiving and it is not long before they will be home for Christmas. Second, I have my own ideas about how I want all of the little ceramic houses arranged. Probably, the children will rearrange it all when they get home but I enjoyed lining things up the way I wanted. Finally, the view out my window was stunning on Saturday evening as I set up Christmas town.

We have 19 houses and businesses. My sister-in-law made us a ceramic church over 25 years ago. When Lucas was two, I bought a little house to go with the church. Every year since we have purchased one addition so our town has grown quite a lot in 19 years. I have written the year of acquisition on each one and this year I found a little winery/tasting room. It is perfect next to the coffee house and bed & breakfast. Creepily, it looks like a minature version of Port Gamble, a "real" town across the water. I have written about this before on this blog.

Anyway, here is my attempt to capture the peacefulness of sunset over "Eatontown" on Saturday evening. I was sitting on the floor of my dining room and I did not think any of the shots turned out but this one was ok:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Sunset over Eatontown