<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Peaceful Day

Seems to me like the President of the United States last night was saying "Give War a Chance!" Obviously, he missed out on the values of our generation. I was shaped by "Give Peace a Chance" as a result of the devastating effects of the Vietnam War on our beloved country and particularly people my age. And that's all I am going to say about that.

Today is a peaceful day. The sun is shining, the mountains are out and the air is perfectly still. At the moment it is hard to believe how my neighborhood looked like the inside of a washing machine on heavy duty wash more than once in the last month. As I walked today, I noticed big and small fir branches still strewn absolutely everywhere. For some reason, Apolo has to sniff every single one and pee on half of them. I'm not certain why.

I trekked with my trusty camera to take a couple of representative photos.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
A block and a half up from my house.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
A lone sailboat--taken half a block up from my house.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Taken from my back deck--I do not know how there was enough of a breeze for the sail.

It is 52 degrees and I am off to buy some primroses for my front porch. Are we done with winter? Please? Today makes me happy.