<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 09, 2007

Mystery Mukilteo Maple

After my last post, my children continue to wonder about my state of mind. Hey, I'm eccentric--always have been and it makes me happy to anthropomorphize the world. I observe the world from the smallest creatures to the largest with awe. But guess what my dear children? Evidently, I am not the only one.

Yesterday, I discovered Mildred while walking Apolo--Mildred the Maple. I was waiting for Apolo to finish his business so I could clean it up when I realized I was being stared at. There she was. Now, I don't know who created her but it is someone with some artistic skills with clay or pottery or ceramics. There I was, seemingly alone with my Seattle Times bag of poop, laughing out loud.

Who did this, I wonder? Given that the family at the end of the street and the nearest house to Mildred (whose last name begins with P) has a couple of artistic members, I am assuming they are responsible. Believe me, upon close inspection, quite a lot of work went into the mystery face.

So here she is:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us