<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Let's Hear It For the Boy!

Everyone who reads this blog, my entire family, and all of my friends near and far know that I am a big Apolo Ohno fan. I say the name "Apolo" a hundred times a day as I talk to my now 5 year old Golden Retriever who we named after the speed skater following the 2002 Olympics.

The real Apolo is still skating. For the record, he recently won another National Championship and came in third in the World Championships in Milan just two weeks ago. I guess all of this interfered with his newest gig--dancing. Apolo is now a contestant on the TV reality show, "Dancing With the Stars."

Dave and Kaley and I watched it on Monday night. Dave even sat in front of the TV with his lap top and started voting the minute it was allowed! Kaley, who used to be in love with N Sync and Apolo, enjoyed watching both Joey Fatone and Apolo Ohno dance. My own opinion is that Seattle's Apolo is just dripping with charisma and I look forward to watching each week that he is still on.

Our local paper indicated that Apolo's father Yuki flew to LA to be in charge of his son's rather wild and curly mane of hair. Probably, he is thrilled to death to watch the whole thing in person.

Go Apolo and Julianne!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Carol Kaelson/ABC
The Olympic medalist Apolo Anton Ohno with Julianne Hough.

Addition: Here is the link to Youtube where you can watch the Cha-Cha on Dancing With the Stars---just in case you missed it. And frankly, ladies, Apolo on ice in a tuxedo........??!! You gotta see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfr9t0hne2E