<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 07, 2007

Beautiful Men in Drag

Ok, enough talk about "mist" and "dampness"! Let's get down to the real issues of the weekend--real men in drag. I ran into a good friend of mine on Friday night while attending the high school musical, and I had the chance to give him a big hug and congratulate him. You see, my friend Tim appears once a year in public in drag. This year his photo made the front page of our local newspaper. Tim and several other men members of our community perform annually as the "Rosebuds" dance team. To be honest, it may even be more than once a year because I do believe they have participated in the Mukilteo Festival Parade as well. I love this picture! Tim and his wife are responsible for giving my daughter the nudge into performing when she was still in elementary school and to them I will always be grateful.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Tim in the red dress! (photo by Pat Ratliff)
http://www.mukilteobeacon.com/

Then on Saturday, I had a phone call from my daughter and I could barely speak because I was laughing so hard. Every year, Whitman college has a school wide dance and the boys come in drag. I'm not sure you see this in any of the recruitment brochures but the event seems to be quite famous. Kaley had a great time helping her boyfriend get ready by doing his make up and painting his finger nails and trying to straighten his extremely curly hair. From the picture, it doesn't look like she had much luck on the hair. The picture cracks me up because he looks like Margaret Thatcher. And my daughter, even dressed as a boy, still looks like a girl!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jeff and Kaley

What is it about men in drag that is so hilarious?