<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 02, 2008

An Absolute Must

I am the kind of girlie girl that loves romantic comedies. In general, these types of movies are terrible and never receive much in the way of awards or recognition. Sometimes, they do well at the box office. "Enchanted" was one of my enjoyable movie experiences. For me, such movies are fun and simple entertainment.

However, a film is in theaters now which is mind blowing for its performances. Lucas and I went to it yesterday. The title, "There Will Be Blood," provides a clue about content. It is not necessarily fun to watch. Daniel Day Lewis stars as the main character with Paul Dano as the supporting actor. I last saw Daniel Day Lewis in "Gangs of New York" and was mesmerized by his acting then. Paul Dano was the troubled teen in "Little Miss Sunshine" who refused to talk.

Daniel Day Lewis was superb in "There Will Be Blood." I do believe that this is the best performance I have ever seen in my entire life. Watching him work in this film is an unbelievable treat--to see the extent to which a human being can bring life to a person other than himself. What is power? What is greed? What is evil? What is sin? And who is without sin?

If you could only see one more movie in your life, it would have to be this one. Go see it.

http://www.paramountvantage.com/blood/