<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Morning at Sea

While I was in my shower this morning, I watched a bald eagle swoop from tree to tree. Immediately after that, I saw a blue heron change roosts. Next, a Navy ship sailed by. And then going the other direction was a log jam pulled by a tug boat carrying its usual passenger load of seals.

Certainly, I was hoping none of the seals had any high powered binoculars but then I wondered about the Navy boat. Undoubtedly, they have some pretty high tech telescopes.

"Hey, Elwood, get a load of this."

"What, a bald eagle?"

"No, ha ha. Someone taking a shower. No kidding."

Elwood grabs the telescope to get a good look. "Hey, it's Nick Nolte. And it looks like he doesn't have any eyelashes. Ewwwwwwwww."

"Yea. Let's look at that bald eagle and blue heron over there. Much more pleasant sight. Whaddya say, Elwood?"

"Yep. I'm scarred for life and traumatized after seeing Nick Nolte in the shower. Wow!"