<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Made It!

The chemo is affecting me harder as I near the end. Yesterday, I was unhooked from my pump and usually I feel pretty good on pump unhooking day. But I felt yucky and I think it may have had to do with the fact that I received a flu shot on Monday. When I went to bed last night, I took a Tylenol and then two more in the middle of the night and I sweated all over the place. I felt a little better this morning but still not great.

I missed three days of walking so I was determined to get outside today in the after rain sun. We pulled out from a closet Apolo's poke collar last weekend. We used it to train him when he was a puppy in order to keep him from pulling. Some people think they are cruel but it definitely works. I took off on a walk today with Apolo in his torture device and I must say I had no problems. We passed a couple of dogs and he just stayed right with me.

I made it on my 30 minute uphill version of my walk. We have been having rain and wind and I noticed a big tree had blown down on the path at the end of the street above my house. And then when I returned home, I managed to clean up three days worth of Apolo doggie piles in the back yard.

Yep! I made it!